Integrate your mobile device with your Mac
- Full integration with OS X features, such as AppleScript and Spotlight
- Integration with Apple apps such as Address Book, iCal, iChat and iTunes
- Programmable hot keys
- May prove more hassle than it's worth with older devices
- Takes some time to sync individual apps
- Not compatible with all Bluetooth devices
As mobile devices advance, there's an increasing demand for software that facilitates closer integration between your phone and your Mac.
BluePhoneElite is probably one of the most powerful out there, breaking down the barriers between the two devices. Amongst the many benefits of it are that it allows you to extend the functionality of both your Mac and Bluetooth mobile device. For instance, with BluePhoneElite, you can use your your Mac's microphone and speakers like a Bluetooth hands-free device, sync your phone to computer call-logs, configure incoming call notification with caller ID, and more. You can also perform simple operations such as connect to the Internet using your phone, or exporting your contacts.
When you open BluePhoneElite, you're instructed to set up your Bluetooth device for the first time. Depending on what kind of device you have, you'll be informed which of BluePhoneElite's functions are available to you. These include Call Log Sync, Network and Power Status readings, and Ring Profiles on basic phones. On newer phones you can configure integration with iTunes, Spotlight, and iChat.
The usefulness of BluePhoneElite will however depend on the type of Bluetooth devices you have. Users with older ones with small screens will probably find managing BluePhoneElite more hassle than it's worth, but those with next generation models with get a lot out of it.
BluePhoneElite is an excellent application for anyone who needs closer ties between their Mac and their mobile device.
- [Calls] Audio did not start on alternate Hands-Free calls in some situations [Phones] Added work-around for error when reading messages from Samsung TouchWiz phones [Phones] Added work-around for message saving on Motorola A630 [Phones] Added work-around for missing index when sending SMS from some Samsung phones